B is for Burglar - Sue Grafton B is for Burglar is a good second installment in the Kinsey Millhone series. The author fixed a lot of the things that bugged me when I read A is for Alibi - though there were still some jarringly dumb lines in the book.The good news is that we finally get Kinsey's back story, making it possible to connect with her character. She's still not entirely likeable, but she seems smarter in this book. The really dumb sentences have also thinned out, so I'm hoping that C is for Corpse will solve the problem entirely.I did still figure out what had happened to Elaine Boldt, the missing woman in this story, well before the end. When Kinsey went to Florida for her second trip and picked up the luggage from the airport, I knew it was going to be identity theft - that Marty Grimes, the supposedly dead next door neighbor was impersonating Elaine and living in her Florida condo as Pat Usher. The kicker for me was the mess "Pat" left in the condo and the brown paper bag with the folded down top for the trash that Mike told Kinsey he saw in his aunt & uncle's house the night of the murder. When she added that into the scene at Elaine's Florida place, I knew they'd killed Elaine and burned her body instead of Marty./spoiler>Overall, you can really see the improvement that the author went through between writing A is for Alibi and B is for Burglar. I'll keep reading the series and see where she takes us.