We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families - Philip Gourevitch I'm really glad I read this book after reading "Killing Pablo" by Mark Bowden. This account of the genocide in Rwanda was everything I wanted it to be. It gave a concise, relevant history of Rwanda which explained how the various factions arose and the Hutu Power party was able to exploit the masses without getting so far into the weeds that it became boring or made the book a thousand pages long.Then, it recounted the genocide and the aftermath, spanning the mid to late 1990s in a meaningful way. It didn't gloss over any of the major events, but it was also edited to keep the story clear and make it possible for the reader to get both the big and small pictures of what happened starting on April 6, 1994. The book is horrifying, as it should be, and shaming to the West, who either did nothing, convinced others to do nothing or actively participated in the genocide. I learned a great deal about what REALLY happened in Rwanda and Zaire after the genocide and I'm very glad I read this book.Even if you don't really want to know what happened in Rwanda, I think you should read this book. It's extraordinarily educational and well written. I think this should be assigned reading in schools.